Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crimson Trailblazing

New Years eve day Kim, Olivia, Dennis and I snowshoed up the Crimson Trail. We were the first to hit the trail after all the recent snow storms so it was quite the trail blazing experience. Highlights included Kim's backpack sliding off a cliff (something I've always wanted to secretly see happen...but not to Kim) and us sliding down mountains voluntary. The low point occurred after we had drug our super exhausted butts back to the vehicles after dark and had to spend an hour digging the out (we started the trail knowing Kim's car was stuck in the middle of the road and Olivia's jeep was buried in the parking lot). We were too beat for much New Years celebrating but we did manage to stay awake clear through Disc 1 of Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers: Runnin' Down a Dream (which I highly recommend).

Here's some pics from the day and a video that I'm pretty sure you had to be there to enjoy...but I'm posting it anyway as per Kim's request (this is both mine and Olivia's footage).

PS My favorite photo if of Kim looking like the Lady of Shalott, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick it out:)

PPS Happy New Year.





3 comments:

Sus Mettler said...

Oh hills. What fun.

bug girl said...

Thanks you two for posting picts and video! I enjoyed the video...but I guess I was there. That was a great day. I just realized I went snowshoeing last New Years Eve too, I think I might have just stumbled on my New Years Eve tradition.

Daktari said...

*sigh*

I have to make my mom move somewhere cool so I can actually have fun when I visit her over the holidays.

Alternatively, I'm considering visiting her in the summer so I, too, can have fun adventures over the holiday break.

In any event, I am INSANELY jealous of your rockin' good times outdoors. Maybe driving into snow isn't such a radical idea after all.