Today I proved that I have an advanced level of acrobatic skills. While lying on the couch this morning I decided to try one of my famous 180 degree turns. My Mom was sitting next to me and she gets really excited when I pull this trick so I decided I would hurry and turn when she wasn't looking and surprise her. As soon as she turned her head I executed my aforementioned maneuver. I began to kick my legs like a crazy toad until they were dangling off the couch, a sensation I had yet to experience. I panicked and started to fling my body wildly. Next thing I knew I had gone from laying flat on my back on the couch with my head pointed north to crumpled up on on the floor on my stomach with my head facing south. I might have been able to pass this off as just another trick, but the fact that my head landed on the base of the space heater gave me away. Instead of jumping up and yelling "ta da" I began to wail like a banshee. My mom looked down at me with horror instead of excitement. Lesson learned, Mom get's more excited with 180 degree turns. I only cried for a few minutes, and the bump only lasted a few hours, but my pride may be damaged for awhile.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment