We spent 5 glorious days among friends and family kayaking/rafting various runs on the Payette River in Idaho. Our days consisted of leisurely getting up, eating, run a river, eat, lounge, maybe run another river, eat, soak in the hot spring, eat more, sit around the fire, perhaps a night soak in a hot spring, and off to bed.
How did we accomplish this with Ari you ask...well, I use to think that Joe's lack of love for rivers posed a bit of a problem, turns out I was wrong. Joe; knowing how much I utter the phrase "I wish I were on a river" watched Ari above and beyond his fair share, and my parents watched him on the last day so that Joe and I could do a duckie (inflatable kayak) run together.
I took the opportunity on this river trip to try rafting. My kayak is not much of a family vessel so a raft is inevitable. I enjoyed guiding the paddle raft very much and the oreing rig kicked my butt...however I do believe I will be in the market for a 15 foot oreing rig in the next few years (after I spend time working on my armpit muscle). I use to think that someday I would grow out of my obsession with rivers, turns out it's gotten worse.
Anyway, the following are a few photos of the trip...warning, more photos of this trip will show up later. We had a really cool waterfallish portage on the canyon section of the Payette and I am still awaiting those photos.
The Pirates of the Payette on our last days mighty duckie run where everyone but Joe had a swimming story to tell (note Lacey 8 months pregnant on the left).
Alec's duckie after going right on a rapid entitled "go left".
Ari, Joe, Joe's farmers tan, and various other friends and family enjoying a soak in the hot spring. This particular spring came cascading off the rocks making a warm waterfall right next to the river.
Future Kayaker, Ari trying this boat on for size as he listens to Uncle Travis play the guitar.
Friday, July 6, 2007
Kayak Tip - Payette ID
Posted by
Lindsey
at
9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That picture of Ari in the kayak is so great. Looks like a great trip. I'm looking forward to your waterfall pictures!
Sounds like a blast! I totally understand your love of rivers--I share the same obsession. Unfortunately, Jon does not. I practically have to drag him to go kayaking. Maybe it runs in the family?
gettin' him in the kayak while he's young...looks like he's loving it (eyes popping out, holding on to the sides tightly, frozen...:))
Post a Comment