Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Nevada and Beyond

It was hard to come up with photos from our northern Nevada to Delta Utah collecting trip; not that the countryside is not scenic in it's own right, just harder to take a photo of. I blame it on the weather being either extremely windy or extremely hot. I know I should have probably snapped a shot of the dead dear we camped next to in the Ruby's, the miles of flat sagebrush we collecting in, or the mosquito infested old mining camps, but at the time it didn't strike me as worth it.

I came up with three photos. The first is Ari in the Ruby's, (those were very pretty, I would like to go back there), the second a photo of a cool horned lizard, and the third of a strange coincidence. You see, upon arriving in Ely Nevada I called my brother Seth (a veteran of staying in Ely for extended periods of time for work) and asked where a decent place to stay was. His reply "your in Ely, I'm in Ely". We ended up staying in the same hotel, and got to hang out with him that evening. Small world.

PS Great Basin National Park looks cool, worth a visit.

0 comments: