Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Great Sand Dunes NP Day 5

Boy does Colorado have a mosquito problem. I have never in all my life experienced mosquito's quite like the ones at Great Sand Dunes NP, the very second you leave your car you have about 20 on you immediately and about half of those make there way into the car before you can shut the door. I have never been to Alaska but Joe tells me these were just as abundant and aggressive as the Alaskan variety. Because I am a paranoid new mother and I see every mosquito as West Nile with wings we decided that instead of sitting in a tent all afternoon, evening and night we would get a little cabin up the road. This turned out to be a good idea as it also rained all night long. We got up early to hike the dunes while it was still nice and cool to avoid the little suckers.

1 comments:

Liv said...

Lins. LOVE your pictures!!! And your writing. I'm so glad you're updating as you go on this trip. My favorite pics are the ruin (looking up a little--how did you get the light to do that?) and you in the Kiva and the one of the sand dunes with the sky and clouds. I also love Ari's new camo pants. Can't wait for more!!!
Liv