Monday, September 15, 2008

Taseko Falls - Day 2

August.11.2008

Thought I'd throw in another river post; I can't believe I'm only on day 2. oops.

Taseko falls is a little Class IV section that some considering portaging; we thought about it but decided to run it; for which I am eternally grateful. It was fun, and I think I would have rather swam the falls pinned under a raft then haul that thing through the trees! Had I known how smooth this run was going to turn out I would have filmed it from the back. The best part of the run was all the cheering at the bottom of the falls; we had been a bit nervous about it all morning; you come to the falls shortly after the lower gorge section (which is also known to make one a but anxious) so it was nice that everything went well and we landed it right side up. Chad took some video from the middle that can be viewed on KC's Blog. I would post it here but oh ya, KC hasn't sent me his videos/photos yet!





Later that day we floated past where the Chilcotin River came in (photo 2)...or was this the Chilco? At any rate we were no longer technically on the Taseko. We treated ourselves at Indian camp that night by drying out our gear and making dutch oven brownies.

0 comments: