Over 4th of July weekend we headed to City of Rocks with the Gallegos and Kappas crews. We had a great time. The weather was perfect and for the most part the kids did pretty good. A few photos of a GREAT weekend:
Kids and dads "climbing".
Hiking out of inner city.
Ari and Myelle in the hut that "humans" built. These two had a ball.
Photo A: Claud leading trad, looking good. Photo B: Crammed on the base of a route.
Photo A: Lou. Photo B: Camp.
Brian took this video. Ari kept wanting to climb up this crack in the rock. He sounds terrified, but then when it was over he'd want to do it again (this video was taken on his second "climb"). Does he like to torture himself or is the voice more happy than terrified? Love that kid.










5 comments:
Still bummed we never went to the City with you guys. If you're anywhere near Logan in May, plan on a City outing. I'm pretty sure Josh is planning on getting out there during his graduation trip, and I expect you guys to come. :P
Linds that is the funniest video ever! When I was a kid I always wanted to do stuff like that, but it was so scary while I was doing it. I laughed so hard because I related to Ari so well.
That video was PERFECT. I loved how terrified Ari was and how patient Joe was. Awesome. Plus I loved that K-So was so worried and you were so proud. I'm thinking Isaac was oblivious.
That's a great little video. Also, the picture of Isaac with the fleece over his face is one of the best pics I've seen in some time. He has one of the most expressive faces.
Cora just watched the video, and she says "Good job Ari!"
Post a Comment