I'm pretty behind on the blog. That's because I've been working really hard on my first scientific journaling manuscript paper report about faunal floral associations in the montane and what not (hethum, note the second author).
Ok. Fine. So all I did was go to WA and catch some bees (6 years ago). The thing I remember most about this job is swinging on a rope swing into a clear blue lake to take a bath, having to wear a hard hat even when there were no trees around and the chipmunk that moved into our car and built a nest out of our toilet paper. And I remember it was BEAUTIFUL (see scanned photos below). Since we were in the area we also traveled around the Cascades, Seattle and into the Olympics. It was a great job. Apparently we also did some science, I just don't really remember that as much. Good thing Joe did...
70.2.Wilson Bee
Beth Lake bathing.
Searching for the TP snatching vermin.
Safety first.
I insisted we hike Mt.Tiffany (mountain in background) to find bees. Luckily we did find some sub-alpine bees.
We also found this view from the top of Mt.Tiffany. Those are the Cascades back there. See, beautiful.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Oh You Know. Just a Paper About Bee Fauna.
Posted by
Lindsey
at
9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Stunning! And congratulations; good job on the paper.
Seriously. Is that Joe with a soul patch and sideburns?
*facepalm*
Congratulations on your publication! You two look so young. Very cute.
Woohoo!!! Job well done you too! Joe is so good at getting these things done! Love the pic of the two of you together (yes, the soul patch one). Your hair was super blond then!
Post a Comment