Monday, January 31, 2011

Bye MaeLynn

I'm interrupting my blog hiatus to bring you this news. I know some of you knew and/or knew of my friend/neighbor in Logan, MaeLynn. She passed away today, due to pancreatic cancer, after living about 9 months beyond what the Doctors thought. She leaves behind a husband, 5 kids and more friends than I ever knew one person could have. She was amazing.

Sounds like she went peacefully at home with all her family around her, which is what she wanted most of all. Details here

I also wanted to share this poem her husband wrote her last summer. She LOVED it, and it's quickly become one of my favorites as it will always remind me of her and the lessons I learned just by knowing her.

I'll be a while...
Got too much to do
I'll be a while...
Not as fast a learner as you...
I'll be a while...
Have your children to raise
I'll be a while...
I'm still seeking your praise
I'll be a while...
Got my mountains to climb
I'll be a while...
Let me take my time
I'll be a while...
But always dreaming of you!"

3 comments:

Mama bee said...

Thanks for posting this, Lins. She really was an amazing person. I've been wondering lately how she was.

Liv said...

Oh. I remember you telling me about this neighbor. It is truly sad when such a positive and inspiring person passes on. It sounds like she's left her mark on many people.

bug girl said...

That poem made me cry.