Last Saturday we took a trip to Antelope Island. I'm ashamed to admit that neither Joe or I had ever been there. Since Saturday was looking to be the last "warm" day of the year (highs in the low 50's) we hit the road. As we were pulling out of the driveway we called Joes bro Ben and asked him if he wanted to join us, he did.
We found Ari the promised bison then decided to walk out on a quaint looking little Jetty near "the beach." We waited for the sun to sink then walked back along the shore in awe. It was an amazing sunset. It was the kind of evening where you just can't believe the rest of the Wasatch Front doesn't travel from near and far to watch the sun set over the Great Salt Lake. If I were a poet I would write about it, but I'm not.





Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Craters on the Moon
Posted by
Lindsey
at
6:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi Linds - so I've been meaning to ask you for a while what lens you use when you take landscape photos. I like!! :) ... oh, and, a sorry about the "crappy" week. That teacher of your nieces also kinda had a crappy week, if you know what I mean... :)
p.s. I've never been to antelope island either and yes, I do feel a little silly about that. Maybe next time I live in Utah I'll finally get there. Maybe I'll even make it to the UINTAS... yes, I bury my head in shame...
Beck...how can I say this...hethum... I've never been to the Uintas either. I also bury my head and shame.
On the other hand. When you DO move back I see some mother/child dates on the horizon...;) Oh the things we can do. Move back. Move back. Move back.
PS These photos were taken with my: Canon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Autofocus Lens Best lens EVER. It's amazing, I notice a big difference when I use any of my other lenses.
I do however quite enjoy my Canon Normal EF 50mm f/1.8 II Autofocus Lens. The aperture is awesome, but it's not in the "L" series so I notice a difference in crispness, but the un-crispness is nice sometimes.
Ok, I don't mean to be a complete tard about this and since you guys seem to be making embarrassing confessions, and furthermore it is amazing that I have been to Salt Lake City, not just once but TWICE, but when I drove by and someone said "hey, there's the Great Salt Lake" it looked like a dried up mudflat. And some of your pictures sorta look like that mudflat I remember and so I'm wondering....is THAT all there is to the Great Salt Lake or did I miss the BIG LAKE I was expecting.
I too am embarrassed. I have never been to Antelope Island either. But your pictures make me LONG to be there. One day soon, maybe spring.
Daktari. I had not spent much time near the Great Salt Lake until fairly recently. I had always heard it was a stinking mud flat with lots of pesky bugs. I have since been to a few different places near the GSL. I think it all started when I worked with a guy who was developing curriculum surrounding the GSL and I read "Refuge" and realized it was actually a cooler place then I thought, then upon closer examination I realized it was quite pretty to boot. There are cool bird refuges on it's outskirts and there are these places that have cool tall crazy mud/salt formations. Joe and I kayaked out in the GSL once and watched the brine shrimp swim around us and felt like we were on the ocean...with desert islands. Never swam in it but I hear you float AND the pollution from SLC makes for some stellar sunsets... That's about all I know.
Kim. Were so hiking to the top of antelope island this spring...or next week:)
Wait til I come out!!! I want to hike frairies peak again!!! I hiked it once in the snow and slid all the one down on my butt, you guys would have LOVED it. A perfect spring activity.
Lins, your pics are lovely as per usual. My favorites are the first and the last...
I've never been there either. *sigh* Maybe when the warm weather returns.
Post a Comment