When you have a toddler and an incapacitated mother coming up with a ways to keep everyone entertained can be challenging...but that's nothing a cardboard box can't handle. Ari's had this thing lately where he loves to sit in boxes and bins. He'll dump out all his toys and sit in the container far more than he will actually play with the toys. So, why not just go with that. Here's Joe's first attempt at making a box into something highly useful. A hut.
Version A
It was a good prototype, but a kid should be able to move around in his cardboard box. After making a few calls Joe found out the day and time Sears throws out their big boxes. Last Tuesday we went down and strapped this fine freezer box to the top of our car. It's perfect. Ari loves it, and so does K-So, also makes for a great continuing art project.
VERSION B
Yes, that photo with the big blur. That's K-So jumping through the window. K-So likes to poke her head through the window and scare Ari, this particular day she came through the window, which REALLY scared Ari! Oh how we love our new living room decor.
.








4 comments:
That is so cool! Lucky kid.
I'm surprised K-So even fits through that window.
GENIUS! I love it. Tell Joe to come out and build me one. I think I'd get more done working inside a hut.
What a lucky kid.
I love the house--I'm thinking I could use one of those at work.
I'm laughing my head off right now!
Post a Comment