Thursday, March 19, 2009

Critters we Traumatized

Poor little dead tortoise and cute baby Chuckawalla.



This baby kangaroo rat was sitting outside of it's hole squeaking up a storm, I think it had a death wish, but we pushed it back in it's hole with a stick. Not sure what it's deal was, but it was cute. In the second photo notice the fuzzy bummed critter. It's a badger! My first badger sighting in the wild ever. I've come across just about every Threatened, Endangered or Sensitive species but have never seen a badger. Very exciting.


One of Ari's highlights was toad catching at Tassie Spring.


Ofcourse the ever popular horned lizzard aka hornytoad. $10 for the first person who can figure out what's Joe's doing in the background of that second photo.


Ben crawled into this cave looking for Jaredite something or other and found this guy instead.

6 comments:

Mama bee said...

Ooh, awesome critters. Is Joe trying to break firewood? My alternative guess is working on a new hoe-down move, but that's probably less likely.

Daktari said...

While Joe wrasles with the live badger, Linds stays in the safety of the open country. It's a Mutual of Omaha moment.

bug girl said...

I think he, Joe, is in a WWW match against the badger.

Daktari said...

So just what was Joe doing?

Lindsey said...

I have no idea, all we can gather is that he was jumping out of the truck...but that just seemed to boring!

Liv said...

Its clear Joe is getting ready to jump into Ari's hand with the horny toad.
This is so wierd--I saw this blog post a week or two ago in my blog reader, but only TWO of the pics showed up! I was so surprised to find all of these photos on here that I somehow never saw before! Its almost like a NEW blog post!