One of the perks of me not having a “real job” and being married to an eternal student is that you still get Spring Break. Last week we (me, Joe, Ari, K-So and Joe’s brother Ben) took advantage and headed south; we planned to spend a few days in St.George (so I could work) and from there drive somewhere warm. We considered Joshua Tree and Moab because we had friends/family vacationing there but at the last minute we decided to go somewhere close, warm and not crowded. We settled on the Parashant. If your not familiar with the area that's good, the fact that no one really goes there is why I like it so much. The Parashant is more or less bordered by the Arizona Strip, Grand Wash Cliffs Wilderness, Lake Mead, Mesquite and Grand Canyon National Park. We borrowed my Dads “Monster Truck” and headed for the middle of nowhere. I of course took lots of photos, this one I thought pretty much summed up the trip. Overall fairly relaxing; or at least as relaxing as camping with a 2 1/2 year old can be. More on that and photos coming up.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Empty, Warm and Scenic
Posted by
Lindsey
at
8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm in St. George now and trying to catch up on everything. Congratulations first of all. I hope you are excited and it sounds like the first trimester hasn't been so easy. I friend in Ca had the same thing happen and we were both pregnant. She had miscarried before so it too was very scary. After "taking it easy" things were fine and she has an adoreable 4 year old now. Let me know if your ever in our neighborhood. Thank goodness the snows almost gone.
Mmmm. Makes me want to go lay in some warm sand.
Ah...looks great. Glad you had a nice weekend. We did, too. Hooray for sunshine. And getting away.
Claud
What is Ari doing in the picture? By the way, my code was "Spain."
Post a Comment