Thursday, June 4, 2009

Storm Watchers

Wednesday evening we headed out to the foothills of North Logan to watch a storm roll in. The clouds were amazing and the air smelled stormy; it was perfect. We wandered around until we saw a really big storm move in from Idaho, then another came over the Wellsvilles. We headed back to the car intending to chase one of the storms down and drive through the middle (these are the kinds of things you can do when your not worried about the body of your car, not to mention I hit a big rock on the way out of the parking area testing the cars "rally ability," but that was an accident). As we headed for one of the storms our NPR program was interrupted by the weather advisory folks. Something about Cache Valley, storm advisory, high winds, golf ball size hail, close your windows if your in it's path go inside... We decided to AT LEAST try to get close enough to see it; but it was too fast moving and evaded us. We decided to head for home in time to watch the the next wave of storms from our living room. We saw some great lightening and witnessed the rain beat down...then it left:(



This photo was taken just after Joe took that photo of my gut I posted a few days ago. Ari was anxious to keep hiking so he hurried and ran in the photo and said "take the picture Dad" Joe snapped the photo and Ari said "now lets keep hiking." You can tell Ari has to deal with his parents camera antics a lot.


These photos are of Ari hiking while dancing to his Mother singing "Following the Leader" (Ari's current song obsession). He had some pretty impressive dance moves. I really need the new 5D, I was so wishing I could switch my camera into video mode.


0 comments: