Monday, June 1, 2009

Guy and Restrooms - A Few Firsts

Ari had three firsts today.

1. First seemingly real conversation with a make believe person.
We were driving in the car today when we heard Ari strike up a conversation with "Guy." It went something like this:

Ari: Hey Guy, you hurt your toe?
Ari: Oh no, how you hurt your toe, let me see.
Ari: You need me to fix it?
Ari: I kiss it better ok (gives a kiss to the air).

Me: Ari who you talking to?
Ari: Guy
Me: What's his name?
Ari: His names Mom (then laughed like it was a really funny joke)
Me: His name is Mom?
Ari: No, he's names Guy.

Ari: Look at the mountain Guy.
Ari: Oh you hurt your toe...

2. First off-highway emergency potty break
Ari fell asleep in the back seat of the car with a pull-up on and woke up crying he had to pee so bad. Unfortunately he picked a construction zone to have this dire emergency, he was so upset and trying so hard to hold it I almost just told him to pee the pull-up. He's been doing so good, hasn't peed his underwear, dipaer or a pull-up for two days now (pooping his underwear is a different story) so I just kept encouraging him to hold on a little longer. It took us a few minutes to find a spot where the road was wide enough to pull off but we made it. I was such a proud mother.

3. First public restroom experience.
Ari picked the bathroom at REI to have his first public restroom experience. I didn't really know how to have him sit, I ended up putting him on the side of the toilet seat and held him on; unfortunately it took both hands to hold him on so he sprayed the side of the stall, the toilet and the floor. Oops. The next public restroom we used I put him on the toilet facing backwards, that worked much better.

Ari just seemed so old today. He's become quite the conversationalist, makes car rides much more amusing.

3 comments:

Becca Jones said...

Caleb's favorite toy is named "Guy." Go figure. I always thought that was an interesting choice because a prominent Wilson ancestor was Guy Carlton Wilson, one of the first professional seminary teachers.

Brian said...

Spraying the surrounds in the bathroom made me laugh. Gongrats on all the progress!

Liv said...

I just about sprayed my coke zero all over Dennis' computer screen reading your story about public bathrooms. THanks for a good laugh.