Ari's not much of an eater, 50% of our "issues" are typically centered around trying to get Ari to eat food. We put a game plan together that involved:
1. Clear and consistent rules at mealtime.
2. Small frequent nutrient packed meals (if he gets hungry he turns into an uncontrollable monster).
3. Less milk consumption.
4. Playing down meal altercations.
AND #5 was thought up all by myself, no help from parenting books or anything...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
you ready for this, it's good...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
makes me think I should write a book of my own...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
5. TOOTHPICKS!
I tell you what, that kid will eat pretty much anything if it's on the end of a toothpick. We might use up a small forest around here but hey, our kid is eating!
Side note: Just kidding about the small forest, for the record I do in fact recycle my toothpicks.
Monday, November 30, 2009
hors d'œuvres
Posted by
Lindsey
at
9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are BRILLIANT. I always knew you were a good mom.
Great idea! Although I can't imagine Abby having eating problems given her voracious tendencies now, I will definitely keep it in mind.
Nice work Linds...you know I am taking notes of all your brilliant ideas for the future...lol ;) This is good stuff!
Genius!
This has always been a big incentive for my kids too. They love toothpicks! After a while, it wears thin, so you have to become creative in other ways. For sandwiches, we use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of their sandwiches (yes, a little gets wasted, but it's better than all of it being wasted) and then insert toothpick, if needed.
Also, a while ago I found this cool website (It might take a little too long to do these, but one or two ideas might work!): http://www.funkylunch.com/gallery.htm
I think you are brilliant.
Post a Comment