Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Poor Pet Mice

My nieces came to stay with us last week. We brought them back with us from St.George on a Sunday and their parents (Seth and Mandi) came up Thursday and stayed the weekend. It was really fun to have them here. Ari had fun hanging out with the girls, so did I. Aren't they cute.



On their first day here they were hanging out in the chicken coop and noticed their was a family a mice living there. They really wanted to catch some mice so we armed them with a bug net and sent them forth. They didn't have any luck the first day and were up at 6am the next morning ready to go out and try again (photo #1). Eventually Joe and I helped them catch some nice; although in retrospect that was perhaps not a very good idea. We caught three (photo #2). One was smart enough to escape on the second day of captivity, the remaining two were accidentally left out in the sun; day three found them dead from heat exhaustion. We had a funeral (photo #3).


And here are a few more photos of what kinds of things nieces do when they come to visit us. Shopping, movies, hamock time, hiking, swimming (at the dog park with K-So) and walks every evening. It was also fun to have Seth's family come. I always love it when family comes to visit and you have them all to yourself. We had a swell backyard BBQ and enjoyed just hanging out.





2 comments:

Liv said...

That looks like such a wonderful weekend!!! I can imagine that your nieces think you are the bomb. I love the headstone for the mice. =)

Sus Mettler said...

I think it's funny that in the hammock picture you can see "lou" in the background crawling away...