Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I've Seen the Top of Lost Kenny.

Wow. Is summer seriously over? That was crazy. I'm so behind on my blog, I'll just have to hit a few highlights and move on. And this day was definitely a highlight.

I finally got to hike from Tony Grove and out Lost Kenny (in Logan Canyon). I've been talking about it for years and one day it just all came together. I think it ended up being 9-10 miles. I have to admit, compared to hiking from Tony Grove and out Green Canyon the scenery was not near as grandiose, mostly because you don't hike up and over 2 peaks with stellar views. But, the gentile downhill had it perks, it's called "my knees are still intact". They still hurt at the end for sure, but compared to oh say, Lone Peak (when I would have almost rather died on the trail than walk another step) they were in fine shape.

Kim and Chastity joined me. It was a really really great day. I have to admit, the night before we left I could hardly sleep I was so excited. It's been about 2 years since I last got to do an all day hike. It was wonderful. Did I also mention it was great?

The Route

Upper Trail


Top of Cottonwood Canyon


Bushwhacking into Lost Kenny (photo 1) where we were able to graze all the way down the trail. Yum.


Lost Kenny Creek (photo 1). Don't let this photo (photo 2) fool you, we really are pretty cool...

3 comments:

Liv said...

Great photos! That looks like an incredibly fun day and I wish I could have hiked and grazed with you! And I wasn't fooled. You're definitely cool. :)

The Gallegos Family said...

Ummmm. That looks like heaven. Jealous! Glad you had such a nice day. I can feel your rejuvenation just by looking at the pix.

Rebekii said...

That sounds wonderful Linds... is it terribly self centered that the first thing I thought, however was -"and I'm here in Texas" Reminds me of something funny Eva said yesterday. She pointed at a very low hill line on the horizon and called it an alligator mountain. Sounded about right to me. Made me laugh.

I'm so glad you all had such a great day. Looks beautiful! and Yummy!