Friday, August 6, 2010

Who's Lou?

I know we named him Isaac, but he rarely gets called that. Isaac's nickname is a work in progress. Allow me to share the evolution of a nickname.

Isaac
I Zikkity (you know, like I Zik)
Zikky (short of I Zikkity)
Zik (and then, even shorter)
I Zikkity Louie Valoie (his mobster name)
Zikky Lou (short mobster name)
Ziker Low (Uncle Pause came up with this one)
Lou (even shorter)
Zik (ya, Ari decided we were going back to Zik)
Zib (one day Ari was adding the letter B into all his words, when he said Zib he thought he was hilarious).

Most of the time I call him Lou, Ari calls him Zib and Joe calls him Isaac. But we still use all these names depending on the situation. No wonder when I say "Zik, get out of the dog food" he looks at me like "who in the world are you talking to" and goes on eating dog food. Poor kid probably has an identity crisis. Or he really likes dog food?

Photo taken @ fucoidal quartzite, Logan Canyon. This face just happens to be his current favorite.

2 comments:

Sus Mettler said...

Niiice. It's a good one, that face.

Mama bee said...

Very cute. Zikkity is my personal fave, but I like 'em all. Plus it's nice to know someone else gives their kids as many nicknames as I give mine.