Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Outing in an Egg

Our Thanksgiving dinner party was not until 4:00 (still awaiting photos on that) so we took a day trip out to Pyramid Lake. It was FREEZING and windy. We spent the whole time running from wind shelter to wind shelter. The place was totally desolate, both in lack of people and in lack of plants. The water was REALLY clear and apparently has a PH of 9. The Truckee river flows into this lake, but nothing flows out (insert erie music here). It's a crazy cool place with really funky geology (Lance, if your out there we need you to come look at this place). The coolest part was this rock, which we called "egg rock" for obvious reasons.

4 comments:

Mama bee said...

Whoa. Very cool.

amelia and jason said...

Hey Linds! So I am totally a lame friend--what can I say. Sounds like you're already having some great adventures. I feel like we need a good sit down catch up talk with a little politics and gossip mixed in. Too bad we didn't do it before you left. :( Anyway, hope all is well. And, yes kinda crazy that we are adding another kid, however, you know Jason, the more for him the merrier. :)

Liv said...

Wow! That rock is really cool! I can't wait to see it when I come visit...
I bet such an eerie place would make for some great landscape photos too (when I come visit).

Bonnie said...

Really cool rock!