Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reno Rails


Can you believe there is a store dedicated solely to toy trains! We found this place while exploring one day. The cute little old fella in the store spent a very very long time showing Ari all the model trains and how they worked on his big fancy track.

Other places/things we discovered on this particular day included a train museum, the biggest Christmas parade I had ever seen (had no idea Sparks had so many girl scout troops and hot rods), the road by the train tracks where all the homeless people hag out and build "huts", and some delicious Mexican food. And might I add a note about restaurants here; I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else in a restaurant in Reno with kids. It's very strange.


It was fun to be city folk, but just for a day.

1 comments:

Liv said...

Yay! I'm commenting on your blog again! Looks like a very fun day for Ari and you. I love how you cater to his passions. glad you're finally finding things to do in the Greater Reno Area. =)