Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Comps...no Sweat?

Joe had his oral comps today (he did the written part two weeks ago). Despite the fact that he flailed his arms a lot, forgot words like axis, plate tectonics, and accumulate; and apparently acted all around nervous...they passed him. We went out to celebrate at Indian Oven with his Professor and two lab mates where (as if comps weren't enough torture) I took a picture of his sweaty armpits in front of his compadres (photo above). Aside from playing Frisbee I have never seen Joe with sweaty armpits...or suffer from a lack of words. Yea Joe.

6 comments:

Liv said...

WOW!!! Love the new design! how did you do that? Write and teach me...
As for sweaty armpits, tell Joe I get them every time I have to talk to more than two people at a time. Tell him its a sign of intelligence, because intelligence goes with being a nerd, nerds are social misfits, and social misfits have sweaty armpits.
In otherwords he needed them to pass his comps.
CONGRATS TO JOE!!!

kristen said...

hooray for joe. we are living our dreams of higher education through you. :) it takes a secure guy to allow photos of his pit sweat to be published for all to see...if it was me, i would say that it must have been shadows or a photoshop trick. ooh-- we have some good news too. Jonny found freelance work for when he's on hiatus this spring, which means that for at least a couple of months we will be simultaneously employed and insured. a new level of security for us. hooray.

Rebekii said...

Congrats Joe! I hate to tell you about my comps... well, they didn't really happen. Nobody took them seriously... except Terry - but we actually had fun. He tested me while driving to a dune in Death Valley. Ahh.. Death Valley. So anyway, congrats. I am jealous of your snow. Glad we'll be up there soon to share in it. Also what is this new restaurant in town? The Indian Oven? Sounds tasty!

Becca said...

wow, hearty congratulations! that is awesome.

Mandi said...

Lindsey,
Your little family is so cute! I check your blog frequently. Man I can't believe how much energy you have, and I am jealous of all the fun adventures you get to go on:)

Sus Mettler said...

Congrats to Joe! Those good vibes Ollie-O sent must have worked for us. Trust me, my pits were way sweatier than Joe's...