Friday, February 29, 2008

Saying Bye to Subie

This is my parting shot with the subie (don't I look thrilled). I finally consented to listing her on KSL.com. The first call came moments after we posted her and two days later we had a waiting list for the car. Who would have thought a broken 97 Subaru with 227,000 miles would be such a hot item? I was so sad to see her go, it was really really hard. I guess it's a good thing I have people in my life who provide a voice of reason, if not our yard would be decorated with not only the Subaru, but also the VW and the Toyota; the other two cars I have loved.

Yes that's me by the VW, and yes those are Girbauds. I had to sell the VW due to lack of seatbelts. Got the Toyota my senior year of HS, sold her my last year of College, note the classy 2X4 racks...and Kristen's classy sun visor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to commend you...very brave to put the picture of you with your VW. ;) Funny thing is I have a VERY similar picture. Not sure I would share it so willing with everyone I know.

And, I can't wait for the same parting shot with the mini in 10 years.

kristen said...

aww... poor subie. And thank you SO MUCH for including the photo of me. You can always count on my embarrassing pictures to make your embarrassing pictures a little less so. You just wait until I dig through my photo box... I will avenge this somehow. bwa ha ha.

Anonymous said...

What are Girbauds? You must've been some kind of rich girl! :) Love the VW bug! My dream car was always a pink converti-bug. Good luck with your Subie withdrawals!

Ginger