Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Warming Up in the South



We were cold, so we took a spontaneous trip south to warm up. The photo to the right is my sister Maren, the one above is a photo we like to call "redneck parade". Yes, this is a bit out of character for my family. My brothers have a little rental business and they usually rent these contraptions but instead we took them. We went over near the Beaver dam slope and rode up and down the dirt road, are hot dogs, chips, cookies and all manner of processed foods while sitting around in 63 degree weather. It didn't matter too much what we were doing, even redneckin we had a great time, it was just nice to see dirt.

I had hoped to get in more hiking, truth be told the most strenuous thing I did was sing karaoke with Travis. I'm pretty sure it was "thriller" that left me sore the next day. Monday we took a hike in the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve (photo below). My Dad's working on some trail proposals for the reserve so we went with him to check this one out. It was a keeper. I have also included a photo of Ari riding one of the tortoises in the reserve. I'm kidding, that's Tortzilla and I know, Ari's looking more like a dandelion puff everyday.

3 comments:

Ike said...

Linds/joe/ari-
I think that next time I plan a trip I'm going to consult with you!

Looks like y'all had a blast!

Liv said...

I like Ari as a puffball! Especially with that hoity toity look on his face while sitting on a giant tortoise. Looks like a fun trip, and I'm happy you got some time in the sun!

Mama bee said...

He's so fluffy and cute! I love tortzilla. And really, how many kids get to ride tortoises? I would have loved to when I was little.