I had to share these articles from Newsweek; just in case there are those among you who are not subscribers. I had a good laugh.
The first article was from the August 11th issue Make. It. Stop. The Second was a follow-up article in the September 1st issue that was even better called What a Croc of Shoes.
I thought of Ellen.
Sorry for the digression, more on the river soon...
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Newsweek Takes on Crocs
Posted by
Lindsey
at
2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those were some good reads, thansk. Today when I saw your kid at the Farmer's Market I got jealous of his crocs. I really wanted to get my little niece a pair. They look very comfortable. The poor little girl just got some ugly blisters on her heels from the current shoes she wears. I have a feeling that the much detested crocs would not be so unkind. (Don't tell Ellen this.)
Thats why we got Ari his, his shoes were rubbing where he had some poison ivy rash...I guess crocs are good for something besides watching them shrivel up in the sun (that's what I'm doing with mine).
I was thinking I could let crocs for kids slide because of the following reasons:
1. Kids need shoes that are easy on, easy off
2. I don't want to damage growing kids foot bones, and it sounds like crocs are quite comfortable
3. Kids grow out of shoes fast enough, so the crocs can't get to the biohazard level of smelly that adult shoes can get to.
Besides, I saw Ari yesterday with those crocs on, but then he took them off. Was he making a statement? I guess only he knows.
Post a Comment