Sometimes you read something that makes you stop and re-read it several times, this was one such passage.
"I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesterdays are buried deep - leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead. Passed years seems safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance. The could clears as you enter it."
Beryl Markham - West With The Night
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
the future lives in a cloud
Posted by
Lindsey
at
3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm posting this on my wall so I can read it every day. Its wonderful Lins, and speaks to me on several levels! Thanks so much. Was great to talk to you today.
I love this quote. I wish I could put it into practice...which means I need to fly the coup and stop commuting. I don't have time for any of the things I love about Logan or SLC.
I just loved that book... I should read it again, now that I'm a little older..
Post a Comment