We got Ari's blood test results back today. Normal Children have Iron levels of 7-140, Ari's was a 6. This helps explain:
1. Excessive night waking. On a good night he wakes up about 3 times.
2. Feet sliding off. i.e. restless leg syndrome (involuntary leg twitching).
3. Getting tired easy. The last 6 months or so Ari get's really tired after hiking and biking really short distances. It's weird, at least I thought it was weird. Now it all seems so clear.
We pick up our Iron supplement prescription tomorrow. It should take a few weeks for the iron levels to get back up but hopefully we will see some relief of the aforementioned symptoms in the next few months. So glad we thought to get his iron checked. Apparently his hemoglobin is normal and his red blood cells are fine so he's only in the early stages of anemia. Not sure exactly how it all works, I have so much research to do.
Poor kid. He has to get blood drawn again in 2 months. I'm not going.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Ari Fails His Blood Test
Posted by
Lindsey
at
10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At least the experience of getting blood drawn wasn't for nothing. Hope he gets back to normal soon!
I'm glad you got some answers.
Hope the supplements help, and his feet stop sliding off. Poor little guy.
Post a Comment