It's 5:04 am and here I sit. Awake. This is not because I'm an early riser, it's because I need sleep training. Allow me to update you on a few things, perhaps if I purge my brain I can go back to sleep?
1. Sleep Training. It went pretty well! I was surprised considering we stopped giving Ari milk at night 2 years ago and he still wakes up and screams for milk every night. That kid has a memory of steel. Anyway, here is a breakdown for those that were wondering.
Night 1: He screamed and squirmed like a crack addict going through withdrawal, lasted about an hour while I tried to comfort him, I ended up nursing him to sleep (I did not start out the night committed) to my surprise he slept the rest of the night (That is if you consider morning to be 4:30am).
Night 2: The screaming only lasted about 10 minutes, I comforted him, he slept the rest of the night, just tried to get up too early again, 4:30am but I convinced him to go back to sleep at about 5:30.
Night 3: Was terrible, he screamed for about 3 hours, I think it was a culmination of factors, mainly teething related. I would rather not remember this night or the day that followed. I was Ornery (note that is ornery with a capital O).
Night 4: He woke up once, fussed for a few minutes then fell back asleep, tried to get up too early again.
Currently: He will usually wake up once for a few seconds then go back to sleep, he's sleeping from about 7:30 pm to 6:30 am roughly. It's wonderful! Makes me wish Ari could experience the joy of sleeping. Makes me wish I could too. Now I need to train myself to sleep thought the night again; I'm so use to waking up that I still do, and I'm so stressed out that I stay up. Perhaps Ari and I should book ourselves into an institution...
PS Thanks for all the advise on this friends. MUCH appreciated.
2. My Hair. I got it fixed, it's doing quite well. For those struggling with hair speak check out the comments on that post. Anonymous (former hair dresser, who's not really "anonymous") had some good tips for the hair illiterate. Also, there were several suggestions for Joe to cut my hair. Trust me, I try to get him to cut it all the time but he's too scared. Also, I did use to cut my own hair, now I'm wondering why I stopped... Oh ya, the salon sucks you in by giving you a head massage before they whack away at your hair.
3. Packing. There are boxes and 1/2 completed packing projects everywhere. There have only been 2 days where I have pondered boxing up the children. It's just really frustrating to pack a box then find yourself tripping over the contents of the box as it lay strewn all over the floor. These kids are going to come in real handy when it's time to unpack. One day I got so mad I just stopped and screamed. After that all was quiet for about 3 seconds then they both burst into tears. I felt bad and abandoned all packing for the day. We leave in 5 days. In theory.
4. My Thumb: has healed up nicely.
5. I Got a New MT Bike...but that really deserves it's own post. Soon.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Updates on Stuff
Posted by
Lindsey
at
5:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to hear the thumb is doing well...and I want to hear more about the new bike!
Very thorough update. Am looking forward to hearing about the mountain bike! Also looking forward to when you're settled in, unpacked, organized, and sauteing something in your new fancy kitchen after a jaunt up the mountain behind your house.
Soon enough!!!!
Woohoo! At least one person in the family is sleeping through the night now. :)
And I totally cut my own hair. Always. If you want Joe to do it, tell him to just watch someone else doing it (even online), then he'll know exactly how to do it.
Glad my sis was able to give you some hair pointers. Also, hooray for good Lou sleep!
Regarding packing: it'll happen one way or another. The mishmash boxes at the end will not resemble the themed, well-thought-out boxes from the beginning of packing. That's just how it goes. You'll get there. I wish we were there to help you.
I've always been afraid to cut my own hair, but I cut Eva's. I'm feeling inspired to give it a try... it's just hair right. It will always grow back.. slowly... :)
Way to go on the sleep training. And I too, am interested to hear about this new bike!
Post a Comment