Friday, September 7, 2007

Poo Party

After carefully surveying a few blogger friends of mine I have decided to post this graphic tale. Should the topic of natural bodily functions gone wrong be discussed on blogs? Why not, this blog is something I share with friends...most of whom I'm sure have had similar incidents; and if they have not, I'm sure their day will come. It was defiantly one of those right-of-passage experiences.

Warning: Story may contain graphic images.

Today as I was putting Ari down for his nap I could tell that something was just not right. Instead of falling asleep quickly Ari tossed and turned and groaned and moaned and screeched and bellowed and every time he would fall asleep it seemed as though some sort of abdominal pain would jolt him awake. After about 20 minutes of him tossing and turning in his bed I brought him in our room and laid him on our bed and rubbed his tummy as he fell asleep. He awoke two hours later right on schedule...only something was different. I came into the room to check on him only to notice that he was sitting up on the bed playing contently with something...something brown...something that was ALL OVER the place. I quickly noticed the seedy brown substance coming out of his diaper through the leg region (and all over the thigh region) and up through the stomach region (and all over the belly region). I then noticed that this brown substance was places it really shouldn't have been like on Ari's hands, and on Ari's feet, and traces of it on Ari's arms, chest and even a little in his hair. It didn't stop there, it was also spread Picasso style on my bedspread, pillow, and an associated blanket nearby. I was sort of paralyzed for a moment, the scene struck me as morbid at first; it was like wild animal ripping apart a carcass meets "Silence of the Lambs" meets "Lord of the Flies." It didn’t take long for me to realize that the brown substance was indeed poop and that something needed to happen fast. I picked Ari up, shook him a little to de-loge some chunks and set him in the bathtub. I took off the poor excuse for a diaper, filled up his duck bath, set him in there, washed the poo off and ran to pick dribbled poo up out of the hallway before k-so got to it. After taking Ari out of the bath I put him in his room to play and threw all the bedding in the wash. Ari thought it was pretty fun to take a bath in the middle of the day, I for one hope we don't have to bathe in the middle of the day for a long time.

PS His stomach is feeling much better. I think were going to lay off the grapes.

6 comments:

The Gallegos Family said...

WOW. We were both rolling as we read this! That certainly does sound like some nasty initiation into parenthood of a toddler. We haven't been there yet....but I wouldn't put it past our little pooper...

C. Wilson said...

Oh, poor Lindsey! I have been there, and there's always that moment of wondering just how you will possibly get this cleaned up without spreading it everywhere else! The bathtub was definitely the best choice. :)

Liv said...

Fabulous lins. Nice and graphic and absolutely hilarious. I kept waiting for you to write that it was in his mouth, and am very glad that things never got quite that bad. For your sake, I also hope there are no more middle-of-the-day baths.

Suzanne said...

I'm laughing so hard! It's awful what happened but you are such a good writer. I hope you can laugh about it soon.

Anonymous said...

You really made me laugh. I didn't think your story odd at all--in fact one of mine (age 1 year) was using some wonderful new, round, brown crayons one morning to write all over the wall. When one got too small to write with, she'd just reach into her diaper and get another one. She was very happy with a toothy grin (just two--fortunately not brown) when I walked in to get her up.

bug girl said...

Remember when I kinda mentioned a similar fiasco with my little niece not barely a few days earlier? I didn't mean to jinx you. Well maybe I did, because I was pretty peeved that I the aunt had to do the clean-up. My poor future kids. Nothing will be cute, funny or annoying, I'll just say, "Been there, done that."