Look how cute this little ant is, and it was named after Ari by E.O. Wilson.
We got invited to this fancy little reception last night before the showing of E.O. Wilson's documentary "The Naturalist". I didn't really think we had a prayer of actually chatting with Dr.Wilson (especially since Ari and I had to go into exile after he discovered the room had good acoustics's) but the opportunity presented itself and we ended up talking to him for quite awhile. He just seems like such a genuinely good person. The more I hear about and read about his life the more impressed I amI highly recommend "The Naturalist" I think they plan on showing it on T.V. The subtitle of the film was "Darwin's Natural Heir"; I think I might need to read more of his works before I decide what I think about that subtitle; just not sure yet if I think it fits.

3 comments:
That's AWESOME! What did he sign? a book? a piece of plain old paper? And he even took the time to draw an ant. I love it. What'd you two chit chat about? And I can't tell how he signs his name: E.O., or is that a Dr. Or a Gr. as in grandpa...
I just listened to the Better People song you have linked here. That is great. Makes you think about what we need to teach our children and help them see.... Also, I am very proud of Joe. Great work on the paper.
Wow, I will now always stand in awe of Ari in more ways than one.
Post a Comment