The gruesome hand isn't so gruesome anymore as it's healing nicely; but I thought I would post some photos anyway since I had a request; I love a good request!
Upon re-assessing the wound on Sunday we discovered that we should have taken him to get stitches, it was pretty deep and gross. We loaded him up an hour past his bedtime and headed to insta-care. Because it was an old wound they couldn't stitch it so they cleaned it out good and steri striped it. Ari did really good, he screamed and cried a lot but he didn't try and pull his hand away, he just cried and cried and tried to take it like a man. I was glad we took him in, it really would not have healed well on it's own especially considering it was in a spot where it just kept ripping open. In photos were taken the day after the Doctor fixed it up.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The Gruesome Hand
Posted by
Lindsey
at
8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
oooohhh. That one was nasty! I'm glad he has such a good mom to heal it up for him. I bet she even managed to sound cheerful while she bandaged that precious skin. After all the work you went through to make him, you think he'd be a little more careful!
Post a Comment