Thanks to all who have written with concern for the Subaru. She has long since been a member of my family...even before Joe, Ari and K-So were; 227,000 miles of bliss.
The Subie's back in the driveway, just not drivable...but perhaps bronzable...hum... The fine folks at Discount Auto got her running but research has shown that driving on a bad head gasket could prove deadly to the entire engine, so there she sits. Were not really sure what were going to do with her. As painful as it may sound we are considering what we should buy next, unfortunately we can't seem to agree on any one vehicle. When you only have one set of wheels it's got to be all encompassing. This is why we have created the poll you see to the right. Please pick your favorite, but if you have two favorites you can pick two. Yes money is an option; but what is money really...last I looked it was just paper.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Is the Subaru Dead?
Posted by
Lindsey
at
10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh, how sad for your little car. reading this post & seeing the photo gave me flashbacks of my old Honda sitting in front of the crest view (?) house, and how we decided to take off the wheels and look under the hood (for what I don't know)and act like we were going to do something with it. It is definitely hard to let a good car go. I still feel a pang of sadness when I think about handing that car over to the scrap metal guy for $15 bucks. So if bronzing is an option for this car, I would definitely go for it.
I want the Toyota Tacoma! Therefore you should get it. You DESERVE it, I don't.
Money isn't even paper anymore...that's the scary part. Of course the Toyota is the way we would all like to see you go or even see for ourselves.....
I nearly cried when I read about the Subaru breaking down...it's like parting with an old friend. I too would recommend the Tacoma for you...if money really isn't an issue :) Stay away from the Sienna! (unless you know the previous owner well) We've had two new transmissions put in ours since September! In spite of the bad luck we're still proud minivan owners ourselves. Rock on Teal Surprise Minivan Club!
Post a Comment