Friday, January 18, 2008

You Voted, We Listened

Let's review the results of the poll.

03-04 Honda Element 13%
02-04 Honda CRV 13%
99-02 Honda Odyssey 13%
99-02 Toyota Sienna 26%
00-04 Subaru Outback 13%
08 Toyota Tacoma 66%
4-door extend cab
with camper shell

I see that there were many day dreamers out there like myself who went for the completely out of our budget but very desirable Tacoma...for that I thank you. Someday; perhaps in the year 2020 when the 08 Tacoma has come down in price we will buy one. Until then we went with your second option. The Sienna. Ok Ok so we bought it before the poll was over so I guess great minds think alike; or Joe paid people off.

So yes, as you can see Joe has won this battle. I finally agreed to a mini van under these conditions:

1.Non 90's Color
2.Sienna
3.Leather Seats
4.
Year 2000 (consumer reports rated it the best year for Sienna).
5.Well taken care of
6.
REALLY good deal

We thought it would be awhile before a van like this came on the market...and for us to actually be one of the 50,000 people wanting the same thing (used mini vans around here go really FAST, it's kind-of like a competitive sport). Joe spotted this Gem right after it was posted and within hours the guy already had a line up of people wanting it...can you believe that, it's a MINI VAN!

No it's not an outback, or an element or a tacoma but it fit our price range so now we can still afford to actually take trips in our vehicle....hum, who to visit first. Anyway, other features we like about the van include radio control on the steering wheel, a sun roof, the cup holder holds a nalgene, an extra set of summer tires and it has a LOTOJA sticker on it. We got the sticker without even having to ride our bikes from Logan to Jackson Hole! Speaking of stickers, if you come across any good ones send them our way, we need to accessorize the mini.

8 comments:

Liv said...

Me! Me! Come visit me first!!!

I'll get you a sticker if you drive out here to get it.

Anonymous said...

Man, you scored! We'll trade you straight across :)

Ginger

Ike said...

Oh, we've got stickers...Lauren got stickers to spare....

I'd say come visit us in the new wheels but then we're so close that Al Gore would frown. Better just ride your bike on over and pick up some pecan torts.

Sus Mettler said...

Alex's dad wants us to get a mini-van. He spends at least 5 hours every trip talking them up--Alex keeps saying "convince Sus". Hasn't happened yet, but we'll see. Anyway, he'd be proud of you two : )

bug girl said...

It's a super sweet ride. I been in it. I felt like I was floating on air. It's a good color, has doors on both sides, and leather seats. I think you got a pretty good car, and it can be resold easily.

Rebekii said...

Nice car Linds!! May you get many good years of trouble free use out of it! But I have to say, this is the first instance I've ever heard of where it's the husband who is pushing for the mini van... :) I know Liv already spoke first for the first visit, but I am closer... p.s. we have to take in the Forester to see why is smells like exhaust in the cab... hmmmmm....

Suzanne said...

Can you get me one of those? Unfortunately I have to wait for my car to die or to have too many kids that the car seats don't fit across anymore. Pretty sad.
Instead of being jealous of you- I'd prefer that you and Joe and Ari get in that luxury van and come down to CA for a visit. There is no snow at our house. Lots of toys. I'll even make you some of my light and fluffy homemade bread :)

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.