I know there are several of you who are just as confused as I am about what's going on with the economy in terms of who, what, why... Luckily This American Life has done a few shows just for people like us. Some of you die hard fans may have already heard these programs; I for one am about 20 pod cast's behind. To Joes credit he's been trying to get me to listen to this first one for months; he even tried to figure out a way to load it onto our blog so that people could listen to it strait from here. Wish I would have actually listened to it sooner.
The first program is called The Giant Pool of Money. It was a show produced in May 2008, it talks about how the subprime mortguage crisis happened in the first place. AWESOME program. Listen to it first.
The second one was done on October 3rd 2008, it's called Another Frightening Show About the Economy. This show focus on why/if the bailout is/was necessary; how the housing crisis is linked etc.
For those of you who listen to the show you know that aside from being informative Ira Glass "and Gang" can also be very entertaining. These shows will have you laughing, crying and yelling at your listening devise.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Economically Confused? This Post is For You
Posted by
Lindsey
at
8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
"The Giant Pool of Money" was so enlightening for me but I haven't had a chance to listen to the second one yet. Thanks for posting the link. This American Life is one of my all-time favorite forms of entertainment!
Post a Comment