In my family it's tradition to wake up to proper birthday decor, so when Ari emerged from his room the first thing he saw were balloons, gifts and dollar store birthday decor (left over from the bee lab days).
This was the scene after opening gifts; Ari was watching Curious George while waiting to spend the morning at Kiki's.
Ari's Train (luckily the track also works well for animals and trucks).

Ari helped me make spider cupcakes for his birthday. Can you tell which one Ari made all by himself? He went through lots of candy before any of it actually ended up on the cupcake.

Olivia got Ari a bike for his birthday so he got this gift a few days early. As you can see he loves it.

Blowing out the candles...with some help from Dad.

After eating the candy off the top of several cupcakes Ari then used his new backhoe (gift from Kiki) to dig off the frosting. He's not really into eating food, he mostly likes to taste it then play with it. For the record he never actually ate a cupcake.

Ari in his cool train conductors hat (gift from Kiki).

This may look like a choke hold but really he's giving Kiki a hug.

As the evening wore on Ari stated to fall apart, he was experiencing party/sugar overload.

He was more than happy to get in his new truck PJ's, read some books with Dad and go to bed with Say Say (his bear).

It was a great day, I'm pretty sure Ari had fun because all day he just kept giving me hugs.
I remember Josh and Jill mentioning on their blog at some point (I think it's when Mo turned two?) that Mo "rocked their world" when he was first born. I can't think of a more appropriate way to describe it. Thankfully I've gone from "what have I done" to "what have I done." This past year has been awesome, I can't think of a year when I've had this much fun.

1 comments:
This post needed a comment desperately so here's mine: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARI!!!
Post a Comment