Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome Isaac.

I'm still working on my official "birth story," my Doula took careful notes so were going to get together and collaborate; might be awhile so for now the short version.

PM
3:45 Dr. apt
136 final weigh in
8cm, 90%, -1 station
Dr. sends me upstairs to have a baby
4:30 get hooked up to my antibiotics
6:30 in need of a pep talk
7:30 scheduled induction (unless your Dr ends up busy)
9:15 contractions possibly start on their own?
9:45 actual induction (otherwise knows as "releasing of the waters";)
10:38 welcome baby

From water breaking to birth 47ish minutes. My Doula has the actual #'s so I may be way off but I guesstimate 15 min milder contractions, 20 min death contractions, 4 min trying not to push while Dr changed clothes (a really bad 4 minutes), 8 min pushing, the kid is here.
6.7 lbs, 19 inches.

Isaac, 14 Hours Old

12 comments:

Andree said...

He is so cute! Oh, and you can take down the baby counter.... I'm jealous.

Kiesha said...

Congrats! What a perfect little face. How come my babies all look so smushed? Best Wishes!

Sus Mettler said...

Beautiful. What does Ari think of him?

bug girl said...

Ah! He is so cute. SO cute. Good job. Looks like you cooked up a real baby.

Liv said...

Finally! I've been checking all day for your post. =)
My goodness. He's precious. I'm looking forward to years and years of more pictures to distract me from all things Grad School!!!

Unknown said...

Now there is the picture we've all been waiting for. Hope you are feeling good. I'm so glad everything went so well. Can't wait to meet the new little fellow.

Ginger said...

Wow! He looks perfect! He doesn't even have a triangular head! Good job Lindsey. I'm glad that everything worked out okay. I'll come kidnap Ari one day so you can sleep.

amelia and jason said...

Congrats! He definitely looks like a keeper!

Colleen said...

Congratulations! He's GORGEOUS. You're a superhero Miss Lindsey.

(Christensen) Fraser, Rachael said...

He is so perfect! Congrats! Love the name too!

Suzanne said...

Yippee! He looks perfect. I was really hoping you'd go with Leif for the name, but Isaac is a good second. :) Congrats!

Bonnie said...

Such a beautiful baby. But then is was made by Joe and Lindsey.