I know I know, what was I thinking taking on chicks when I'm about to be dealing with a full on baby. Problem is now was the best time to integrate new chickens with their leader being dead and all...or maybe this all has something to do with those nesting instincts. At any rate hopefully our 3 step integration system will work out and our chickens will all eventually get along. So far the light colored one (ice cream cone) is great, very friendly and social. The darker one (violet) is totally anti social and is either hiding or freaking out. Should be interesting.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Introducing Our New Bundles of Joy
Posted by
Lindsey
at
8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Cute! Make sure you play with them every day. I bet you can get them to be more social and friendly. The chickens I occasionally house-sit actually spread their wings and wait for me to pet their backs because of all the love and attention they get from Jenni.
Just put Cora on Violet-socialization duty. She'll either get the chicken to warm up to everyone, or make it more terrified of any interaction.
Then again, maybe not.
You gotta do something while you wait for the "other" bundle of joy.. I want chickens... You'll have to show me the ropes when we make it back to Cache Valley.
Post a Comment