Sunday, August 23, 2009

Proof: Not My Dads Beer Belly

This photo is to prove to all of you that the gut in the previous posting was indeed mine and not the stomach of a 60 something year old man who drinks too much. And in defense of my father, he doesn't even have a gut nor does he drink stomach bloating beverages. I did however steel this shirt out of his garage when I was pregnant with Ari, so it is his shirt.

I know, this kid must be large. I wish I would have been writing down all the things people have said in reference to my large belly...

Any day now huh (that was at about 7 months)
Are you sure it's not twins?
Oh wow (followed by laughter)
Oh you look so miserable
You never got that big with Ari did you?
You look like your going to give birth to a whale

...and the list goes on and on.

Don't worry I'm not offended, I find it amusing, and yes my gut is bigger; I grew out of all my final stage pregnancy shirts about 2-3 months ago. Strange thing is my weight gain is exactly the same as it was with Ari and the pants still fit. I'll laugh so hard if I have a 10 pound baby. Well, maybe not right away...but I might laugh later.

I need to take a photo of my true side profile, it's awesome.

5 comments:

Mama bee said...

You got the "Any day now?" months ago? That sucks. So far I've only gotten "Holy Cow!" when walking into the bellydance room. I pretend it's because they're mesmerized by my voluptuousness, not that they're actually calling me a cow.

I think you look great, Linds. Hopefully little one will give you a break and go easy on your abs for the rest of his internal stay.

Unknown said...

I think you do need to post a profile pict because I swear I'm as big as you are already... I say this not to diminish your size Linds - because after all, it is any day now! p.s. you don't look like your Dad in this one! You look great. I just want to know how you still fit into regular jeans. I think there must be some magic involved.

Lindsey said...

Oh nononono Beck they are pregnant pants, they just happen to be the pregnant pants I used with Ari. I just thought I was weird I grew out of the shirts and not the pants.

You need to post a photo of yourself so that I can do a little size comparison of my own...

Mama bee said...

I spoke too soon. Tonight I got both "I don't think you're going to [stay pregnant] until the show" (which is Oct. 2nd, 8 days before my due date), followed by "are you sure it's not twins?" WHA?! I have NEVER gotten the twins comment before. And I'm only 33.5 weeks!!! Nuts.

Liv said...

Weel, it was really the combination jeans and shirt that through me--though I know your dad stays in shape, so knew it wasn't really him--its just the stance, the veins in the arms, the tucked in no frills shirt all say, "I'm a guy who drinks too much". If it makes you feel any better, Liz told me when she got back from seeing you that you were one of the best looking pregnant ladies she's seen! You carry yourself AND the little guy very well. What's more, isn't it great that you can blame the fact that your bigger on someone else???