Since I have nothing interesting to say I'm going to post some stuff from Joe's trip. He was in southern AZ/MN collecting. This photo was taken in the Baboquivari Mountains about 10 miles from the Mexico border. You can't see it in the photo but there is a border patrol helicopter circling one of the little hills. I can't imagine why the campground was empty...was it the border patrol helicopter or the abundance of rattlers and Gila monsters... At any rate they ended up not camping there but rather left around midnight and drove all night to St.G. I thought it was because Joe felt bad for me being in the crippled state I am all alone (my Mom had gone home - Joe claims he didn't know that) but NO, come to find out my Dad (who joined Joe on the trip) thought it wiser not to camp there...it was almost a romantic story;)
And a smattering of bug photos which are pretty much the only kind Joe takes. The first photo is of course not a bug but rather a photo my Dad took of the fancy new border fence; she looks pretty sturdy, unless your a really good pole vaulter. The Second photo is a Mutillid, which is what Joe was looking for. All others are random noteworthy critters.I know, I wish I would have been there too...
.











3 comments:
I love it when Joe posts field work pictures.
Cool bug photos...
I must say your dad looks hilarious packing heat.
Cool photos and crazy things going on down there by the border...
Post a Comment