Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spaceships

There's nothing like an almost 3 year old to force you to use a side of your brain you just haven't had to use for the last 20 years. Today Ari asked me to make him a spaceship out of wooden blocks. I had no clue what to do, they were wooden blocks, they don't even stick together. So I said "I don't know how to make a spaceship out of blocks" to which Ari replied with a sigh "I'll show you." He proceeded to lay blocks out on the floor (like a drawing) in the shape of a space ship complete with rocket boosters. Duh! I wish I would have taken a photo of that rocket ship to remind me I'm going to need to dust off my imagination.

These spaceships were built later when we got out the duplos with NO help from me. He's a fine architect.

0 comments: