Sunday, August 2, 2009

Head Wounds, Horses and Sparkeling Windows



As I mentioned my Mom, Sister (Maren) and Niece (Libby) were here last week. If your wondering how Ari and Libby got along, they didn't. Ari liked to tease Libby and Libby liked to scream about it (note she doesn't just scream for a minute, each scream session was well over 15 minutes). Libby liked to sneak Ari's toys away from him and Ari liked to grab the toy back and whack her with it. Bad combination. Libby discovered she had met her match when she stole Ari's monster minivan; Ari promptly grabbed it back and cracked her head open with it; literally. Ari was born to hit, he doesn't even think about it, it's just his first reaction to everything good or bad, he just walks around hitting things. Towards the end of the week we finally worked out how to have less fights, we kept them a few feet apart, locked up most of the toys, and they had a referee at all times. There's something about girls; Ari just has a really hard time with them lately. Don't worry Ari, you MIGHT get over that about age 24.








A photo from Ari's first horse ride, made to look old to accentuate the old fashion cowboy helmets. Neither of them were as delighted with the horses as I had envisioned. Ari got off 1/2 through the ride; he kept saying "I want to get down, it's too bumpy." the lead horse kept stopping and starting so Ari never really knew how tight he needed to be holding on, made him a little nervous. Libby stayed on but but didn't seem too disappointed when it was over. At any rate they looked good in their helmets!


Normally I would feel bad putting my Mom to work while visiting, but I'm so delighted with how clean my windows are there's no room to feel bad. I have a whole new outlook on life;)

So last week was a success. It was so nice to spend time with my Mom and Maren. We hung out, shopped (I now have shirts that fit and my Mom found at least 1 treasure at the DI everyday), and cooked lots of delightful new recipes.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta love Moms!