Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Going Backpacking

I was in the kitchen cleaning today when Ari came in and said "bye Mom, I'm going backpacking" to which I replied "ok, see you later". Took only a few seconds before I heard the front door open and close. I peaked out to see Ari headed up the block with his makeshift backpack and no pants. Don't worry, he didn't go far before he came back to get me.


Love K-So's shadow behind him. Ari figured out today that if he puts on a backpack and says the word "hike" K-So will follow him wherever he goes. That dog must really be desperate.

3 comments:

Mama bee said...

I love the isopod backpack and the underpants. Doodle's been pulling the "I'm going to schooooooool!" followed by a slamming front door. Though she usually takes off on her bike down the sidewalk, often headed toward the grade school.

Why are they in such a hurry to grow up?!

Liv said...

I love this. I hope he's still doing it in 15 years. "Bye mom! I'm going backpacking!" Except I hope he's wearing pants by then.

The picture is fabulous. he's even got his hands in the right spots!

Lindsey said...

In 15 years he BETTER be taking his Mom.