One of our chickens went missing the other day, the chicken known as loud chicken, skinny legs and depending on the day either cheeky, cheeks or mangon. Two had escaped from their pen early Thursday morning; Joe went out 1/2 hour later to put them back in and only found one of the two escapees. No sign of foul play, nothing on the police blotter (aside from a stray dog captured a few blocks away hours later), no lost chickens at the humane society and the remaining two chickens were acting unnervingly nonchalant.
Well, today (three days later) we found the missing chicken. It re-surfaced on the side of our neighbors shed. Still not sure what killed it, where it was the first two days or what creature brought it back. Loud chicken was torn open, but the meat was all still on which seems highly suspicious. Were thinking a dog hauled it off and killed it then maybe K-So brought it back? It was a gruesome site, but I suppose now I can stop calling the humane society and inquiring about a runaway chicken.
R.I.P loud chicken, things are far too quiet around here.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
R.I.P Loud Chicken
Posted by
Lindsey
at
7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like the work of chicken killers to me...you should bring the other one into your room at night so it doesn't go missing as well...this of course will affect your sleep, but it is better than having another dead chicken...right?
Poor Chicken! Both Jordan and I felt so bad when we read this. We miss your chickens, especially the happy times feeding them. We hope all is well for you guys. We are loving Rochester but miss you guys.
It is FAR too quiet around here without loud chicken. :-( Sorry there's not a happier ending. I wonder who/what got her.
Post a Comment