...but we bought a minivan.
I know I know, it's just that the thought of taking another trip in our car was too much for me; to the point of only being semi-excited for spring break. People laugh at us when we travel. With 2 kids, a dog, 2 bikes, a chariot, a cooler and all our other various gear intensive hobbies packed in that thing we looked homeless. And I was tired of riding shoved in the back seat between two car seats, or up front with stuff packed around my feet.
The time had come. Again.
We have been thinking of getting another Sienna, we have faced the fact that other than the clearance/4WD issues it just has more usable space (for naps, eating, butt changes, working on the road, wardrobe changes, gear swapping, etc) than say a pilot...:( We wanted a fancy new one (2004) with stow and go seating and a little more room, but nooooo, student loans won out again. Can't wait until those blasted things are paid off. We're so close! Well, relatively speaking.
Strange how the whole thing went down. Just as we were starting to think we should get a more affordable mini the most trustworthy guy I know just happened to mention he was selling one. He's babied that thing, it was perfect! So there you have it. This years vehicle is a minivan. Again. Here she is.
Anyone want to buy a really cool and highly trustworthy 1997 Honda Accord wagon? :)
Monday, March 8, 2010
Don't Laugh...
Posted by
Lindsey
at
3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you know... I've been pushing the minivan button with Weston for about two years now... he's still very unreceptive - although he too keeps talking about needing more room... so when do we get a test ride? I hope soon, cause the sun is shining!!! :) Congrats.... I did have to laugh a little....
Don't laugh? You don't want to be friends with anyone who would laugh at you for going with practical anyway! I'm surprised it took this long. By the way...never should have got rid of the first one ;) Minis RULE!
Beck-
Now we can carpool to the refuge, and beyond!
Brian-
Not laughing at the mini, oh no no, just at the fact that we get a different vehicle every year. You don't know how many times we have said "why did we get rid of that..." But hey, I'm way more excited for this mini because I have learned my lesson. And now I don't have leather!!!! Ahhhhhhahaha :)
That makes much more sense Lindsey. Congrats on the new ride. Sounds like you will appreciate the mininess much more this time around. When are we going to break it in and meet up somewhere?
We are ready to break it in when you are! I'm really itching to ride Goosberry, OR to ride that trail you and Claud did in Red Canyon was it? I'm so excited for spring. Let us know when you get a free weekend, we can accommodate.
P.S. Humboldt State's spring break *is* next week (March 15-19). Redwood camping might be a little busier than usual.
Post a Comment