Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mums Day

This is the only photo I really have of Mothers Day. It was our last day in the Swell so Brian made a big breakfast. On a little chair. Now, I know Brain would have made a big breakfast regardless of the holiday, but I'm calling this our mothers day breakfast. AND, no one had to do dishes (last day of the trip all dirty dishes go into the car top to be washed at a later date).


I spent the rest of my Mothers Day traveling back to Logan jumping in and out of the back seat. Trying to catch a nap in the front seat, into the back seat to entertain children, on the floor of the van to take a nap, back in the back seat to disseminate snacks, back in the front seat to chat with Joe... It went like this until we arrived in SLC. I got to go to REI and spend our dividend on whatever I wanted (which was technically for my B-Day). We were there for almost 2 hours. For some reason my intense disdain for shopping melts away at stores like REI.

After REI I got a REAL treat. I got to go to the Patagonia Outlet for 20 minutes ALL BY MYSELF. Joe stayed in the van with the kids. Isaac was asleep and Ari was watching a move. It was heavenly.

All in all it was a tiring day. A Mother can't help but think that maybe Mothers Day is going to be different; like it's going to be this fabulous day where everyone is angelic and someone gives you a 1 hours head massage. But really, on Mothers Day, I guess your just a Mother...but at least I was a Mother who got to spend 20 minutes in the Patagonia Outlet.

0 comments: