I still have photos to post from our vacation, but I got a little distracted this week trying to fit in as much neighbor time as possible...
Today Ari had to say goodbye to his best friend Cora. She moves next week but we leave town today and will not be back until after they start their trek across the country. These two have been more like siblings since the day they were born, and there is not much Ari would rather do than play with Cora. I'm not sure what Ari's going to pray for now. His prayers usually go something like this:
Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day. Thank you I could play with Cora. Thank you I could play with her toys. And her trains. Bless that tomorrow I can play with Cora. And be nice to her. Amen.
I took a few photos of Ari and Cora this week. These photos of them watching a movie together say a lot.

And this is how the two of them can be found most days. If they're not playing trains at someones house, they're either cruising the block or riding up and down and up and down and up and down the street on their bikes.
I lost sleep last night over how much Ari is going to miss Cora. Ok ok, AND over how much I will miss Kristal. I just can't imagine how it will be to hang out in the yard and spy on the neighbors all by myself! Who am I going to talk to all day? Who's garden tools and food dehydrator will we borrow? Who's going to make us cinnamon rolls? And feed our chickens, and get our mail when it's blowing down the street? Who's Ari going to tease? The reality of the situation is just hitting me, and it's not pretty. We are going to miss them all so much. Blasted postdoc.
PS I didn't mean that about the postdoc...
Friday, June 18, 2010
7th North Just Got Lonely
Posted by
Lindsey
at
5:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
PS Kristal, I am fully aware your name does not have a Y in it. Stupid phone will not let me correct the Blog post... Whew, got that off the chest:-)
This post makes me want to cry :(
You made me cry. We're all going to miss you guys so much. The Compound too. It's gonna be a long summer for Cora without Ari, and for me without you. :(
Aw. Those pics are heartbreaking. Good luck to Cora and Co. in finding a nice neighborhood and new friends!!!
Post a Comment