Technically our vacation started on a Tuesday. Tuesday May 25th to be exact. The plan was to wake up in the morning, get packed, start driving and see how far we could get...well, AFTER I went on a hike with Beck of course. After my hike, as we thought about packing up the bikes we decided it would be even funner to go for a mountain biking excursion up Green Canyon. I mean really, we could always pack later. We loaded up the kids the bikes and the neighbors and headed up the canyon. Joe took off up the trail first while Krystal and I accompanied the kids riding their bikes down the lower trail. Ari used his bike with pedals and was an animal! I've never seen Ari be so brazen, he was making me nervous and proud at the same time. I got some footage of Ari flying down a hill and me anxiously reminding him to use his brakes (which he does by putting one foot on the brake and one foot on the ground). I would post it but Cora crashes in the foreground right when Ari performs his end of the hill skidding maneuver thus making the footage too graphic to post. Anyway, I ended up loosing my phone on the trail and ydadydyayda long story short we didn't end up leaving on Tuesday. BUT, I still consider it day one of our vacation. And a successful day at that.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment