This is the first trip we have employed headphones for Ari. We wanted to be able to listen to past episodes of This American Life, AM talk radio, NPR, music...pretty much anything other than Toy Story 2. So, when Issac was asleep Ari put on his headphones to watch a movie and Joe and I got to listen to whatever we wanted.
Well, Ari was watching Toy Story 2 when we pulled up to the salt flats just east of Wendover. I've never gotten out and actually walked on the flats so I wanted to stop and check it out. I excidedly got out of the van and said "ok Ari, push pause while we go run around on some salt!" He looked up and me and said "no, I'll just stay in here and watch my movie." What? I looked at Joe and said "wow, he's 14 all the sudden." Joe and I started laughing and after a few minutes convinced him to come out and play, which he did. Then he went right back to his movie and we continued on to Ely.





0 comments:
Post a Comment