Monday, June 28, 2010

I Taught Zikky to Crawl!

One morning last week I left Ari and Isaac in the living room to play with toys while Joe was in the shower and I was in the kitchen. All the sudden I hear Ari yelling "Mom! Mom! Dad! Mom! Dad! Come look! Zikky is crawling!" I came running in to see Ari putting things out in front of Isaac and him limping on over to grab them. Ari was so excited and started yelling "I taught Zikky to crawl!" He then informed me that I owed him a marble (for teaching Isaac to crawl); something I promised him just after Isaac was born and he somehow managed not to forget (Ari earns marbles and turns them in to get additional pieces for his train set).

I did the math and figured Isaac learned to crawl about one week before Ari did; so if he follows the same pattern as Ari he could be walking in a few weeks. He's already started pulling up on furniture a lot more and even stands unassisted for a second or two. Life around here has changed a bit more for Ari, no train track is safe...

Here is the first known footage of Isaac crawling. This was a few days ago, he's busting out the turbo crawl now.

2 comments:

Liv said...

Oh, the joys of being an older brother. I love this story. And I love the excitement in your voice in this video.

Mama bee said...

Good work Zikky!