Friday, February 4, 2011

Did You Know Point Reyes is a National Park?

Basically here's what happened. Joe and I were sitting around the space heater one evening when Joes says to me "Lindsey, you know what I really want. I want to have a weekend alone with the boys, just me and them for a little male bonding." I was really torn, how could I leave my babies for 4 days and 3 nights! Who would hang on my legs? Who would scream at the door when I was trying to go to the bathroom? Who would demand milk every 5 minutes? I mean, I, I, I would be so...free. But, being the good wife that I am I told Joe I would go deep into the backcountry where no cell phone could reach me so that he and the boys could have the bonding time they needed. Pretty sure I deserve a reward or something.


Ok fine, I needed a break and Joe being the Husband of the Year contender that he is was happy to kick me to the curb knowing full well I would come back a much more pleasant person to be around. Which I did. Every mother should have a chance to miss her kids every now and then.

Kim already blogged about the trip here, so if you need details she did a great job. As for me, I will try and let the photos do most of the talking.

Tall trees
Ravenous Beaches
The coolest rope swing ever
Group shot near some tide pools
Pretty sunsets
Costal hiking bliss and fabulous weather
Meditation. Wait, that was the guy with the ponytail next to us...
Empty beaches with waterfalls, which are dangerous at high tide
Crowded beaches with waterfalls which loose their beauty when you insert the word "crowded"
Documenting hooligans
The main event
We planned to keep open lots of time for reading, then we started hiking and couldn't stop. 25ish miles later I had only read about 25 pages.
Camp #3. I'll admit, my tent is hiding the bathroom and water faucet. Yes, backpacking here is like camping at the ritz, only here it smells more like bathroom, but only if your in campsite #1, which we were.
Hiking back out into the real world
Everyone needs a friend who is willing/able to take a trip at a moments notice. Thanks Kim (insert tears of gratitude here).

5 comments:

bug girl said...

Wow! I feel like I am back at Pt. Reyes. Your pictures documented the other half of the trip...ME! I had so much fun. I'm ready for another hike.

Mama bee said...

That looks amazing, wonderful, refreshing. Good for you!

Liv said...

First off, I am so happy that you've posted so often this week. Its like a little piece of cake in the morning when you weren't expecting it!

Second, you really know how to tell a good story! The pictures say everything, and are absolutely stunning. I love that you never take the 'ordinary' picture; you take the sunset picture with the dried grass in the foreground, for instance. GORGEOUS!

Third, Joe does deserve husband of the year. Yay Joe!

Fourth, I so wish I could have come. =(

Andree said...

I love love love Pt Reyes. Glad you had a lovely time!

Rebekii said...

Oh Linds... that looks more than wonderful for more than several wonderful reasons.... I wonder if Weston needs some daddy daughter bonding time.... ? I'm sure Joe wouldn't mind some competition for that husband of the year award, would he?

p.s. your camera was lucky to be along and in your hands for that trip! and we are all lucky now because of it!